2nd baby c-section?

So, I had a C-section with my daughter who is now almost 3. I pushed for a few hours, they even tried to vacuum her out with no luck! So I had an emergency c-section. They even had to know me all the way out for it. Apparently she had a large head (96th %) and it couldnt fit through my fairly narrow hips!
My husband (not my daughters father) and I are now trying to get pregnant. What are the chances of me having to have another C-section? I'm not really opposed to it, but just want to know if its even possible for me to try a normal birth?
Don't the recomend only 3 c-sections? Thats why Im concerned if we want more than 2 more kids!
Thanks for any advice!

SaraNRiley

Asked by SaraNRiley at 7:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a section with my son...and i have to have one this time....you have to find a doc willing to do a vbac and even then you have to pass a bunch of tests....i have a split uterus and have to have a section becuase i am anemic and i dont clot easily and its easier for my doc to stop the bleeding with a section....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My first son got stuck on my narrow pelvis. I went through 8 hrs of non-progressing labor to an emergency c. I opted out for another section with son #2 b/c I didn't think that he could fit through any better than his big brother. I am having son #3 in 9 weeks and will have my last c. I am regretfully getting tied during the procedure. I think my limit on sections is 3. I am small framed, so I don't know if my body can do another pregnancy or another c.

If you can find a dr that will allow a vbac, go for it, if you feel confident. Good Luck.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I've had 3 so far and am preg with #4! They told me I can have as many as I want as long as my health is okay. They should tell you during the operation if you can or can't try for a VBAC! Just ask your Dr.!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• you can find an OB that will do a VBAC, but the second baby is usually larger than the first so you would probably end up having a c-section anyway. i am currently pregnant with my second and i have a scheduled c-section. my ob told me as long as i'm healthy i could have 5 or 6 c-sections with no problems, so you can definitely have more than 3 kids!
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 9:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think it depends on the type of incisions. . . I found this because I was wondering the same thing (I had a C-section and would like to VBAC this time) It may help http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vbac/vb99999/page=vb00002

Good luck

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank you everyone for the help! Im happy to know that I could have more than 3 c-sections! My first pregnancy was SUPER easy so hopefully that wont change so Ill stay in good health if I want more than 3 c-sections.
    The web site was super helpful also! Thanks again!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 7:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009