Ignorance is bliss?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/vjackson/2009/07/07/ignorance-is-bliss/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• She claims this will cause death - while over 100,000 Americans die each year due to a lack of health insurance. These are children, teenagers, adults, and the elderly. These are people who couldn't see a doctor because they couldn't afford it. And YES - hospitals CAN turn away patients if they don't appear to have a life threatening condition. We're the only first world nation that allows it's citizens to DIE because we don't feel the need to make sure their health is taken care of. How is that OK?
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 7:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Total trash. Obama kills babies..aaaaaand what about the women and Dr.'s who actually do it? Oh, no mention of them like usual. For all that crap she as saying about health care I wonder where she's from..if she has first hand experience or if she's just going along with what others say..

Blah.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• And YES - hospitals CAN turn away patients if they don't appear to have a life threatening condition. We're the only first world nation that allows it's citizens to DIE because we don't feel the need to make sure their health is taken care of. How is that OK?

_____

It's okay because sadly to some, if you don't have insurance it's your own fault. These same people swear up and down that people don't get turned away when in fact, THEY DO.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Although I am pro-choice, I agree with her. I think it's funny that the other two posters are getting their panties in a twist about it. It's just a blog. An opinion. You can't say it's wrong. You can just say that you disagree. Perhaps she has read reports and studies that have lead her to believe as she does. Just because you don't agree with someone, it doesn't prove that they are wrong.

Anonymous

• My panties aren't in a "twist". I answered a question and I didn't say she was wrong..just that I don't agree. Sorry that I didn't answer the way you wanted me to.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• She is very misguided and ill informed.

Anonymous

• If you're turned away from the ER because your illness is not life-threatening then you are not dying!!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That takes common sense to figure out Lori lol
    Anonymous

• She has an interesting POV, but I don't know if killing off the weak is the actual agenda. Seems a little too conspiracy theory for me.

I think, like with all things, health care reform started out as a good intention. Then again, I believe there is also a famous saying about good intentions. Now it just seems that this administration is hell bent on passing this agenda regardless of the cost to our nation. If it's that important, it should be important enough to do right. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009