bump!

So yesterday I bumped my big belly on a door knob!=( and now it hurts were I bumped it! I bumped it on the right side. Could I've hurt my baby? I hope not! I am just soo freaking clumsy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope That happend to me when I was pregnant I bumped it really hard and I asked my OB and he said the baby was fine.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't think you could hurt your baby. Your muscles & amniotic fluid provide quite a cushion for baby. It sounds like just a minor injury for you & baby probably didn't notice a thing. I remember reading somewhere that an injury that would hurt an unborn baby would most likely be so painful for the mother that it would send her to the hospital in pain. So if you are moving around & doing ok, baby is probably ok. Is baby still moving normally? If you are truly stressed over it, call your provider & get their advice. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I mean, I don't think you could hurt your baby just by bumping into a door. Obviously, there are traumatic accidents that happen.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i had that problem to! except i ran into a wheel chair arm pretty hard.. baby was fine :) but if your truly scared you should go to your dr. just to make sure your fine. good luck :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009