do you believe mediums are evil

i have a friend...catholic...known her for ehhh 5 years. she is a strong medium. and trust me she's not bullshiting. the stuff she has done, and flat out proof she showed me, she shocked me more than once. she is legite but she has a very close relationship with god and her priest. her priest supports her in her gift.
yet some believers of god, say ppl who claim to have these gifts are false prophets and evil?
i know it says beware of false prophets..but i think thats just what it means. FALSE prophets, some ppl are given gifts by god and they should be treasured, not pissed away or damned

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really, really, really, really do not like it when people who do not have the gift of "sight" in that way therefore assume that other people are "fakes," demon possessed" or otherwise "evil." That is just not nice and how would you know unless you've walked in that person's shoes? I was clarivoyant as a child. I was neither evil nor possessed. It is not something I would have chosen for myself nor something I would have faked.

Do I think some people are evil? Sure. Do I think all mediums are evil? No. It depends on where they're getting their information from, how they come about their information and what they do with it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• What does she do with her gift?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if someting comes thru and she feels she has to pass on something to someone, she will.

if she is having a hard time, and sometimes its hard on her because osmetimes its so strong she has a hard time blocking them out for awhile...she just talks to her guardian angel for help, and i literally mean talks .

no money..no profit.......she just helps other people out when she feels she is told to, and thats it. their are people that konw her...but have no idea. she doesnt flaunt it.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• At best fakes, at worst demon possessed.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• its not faked....i KNOW THAT.

she's more than proved that.

and she's far from evil.

thats what i dont understand. people can be so religious and belive in a divine heavenly spiritual being, but not conceive that some ppl are given heavenly spiritual gifts ? they go hand in hand to me. and to deny them or chastize someone given that gift.....you are spitting on gods gift.

just like jesus , everyone said noo nooo your a heretic, kill him. same shit now a days. someone has a divine gift and ppl go omg their evil.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• There are mystics and Mediums that are real. The real ones do just as your friend does.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• when ppl use it as profit...i think they are either fake or just not good ppl.

when given a gift like this, you do not use it for money. you use it to help ppl...and thats it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I dont think they are evil. I think some are truly gifted and its amazing to watch.

Its not evil to give comfort to those who seek it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That is a gift, plain and simple. Not evil in anyway shape or form. You are going to have people who refuse to understand her natural ability and call it demonic. All you can do is realize that she is a good person, helping people with what she is born with.  Pay no heed to those who say other wise.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• In the books of Acts 16:16-18 There was a young lady who had the spirit of divination. She had this spirit doing good things for people. This spirit was not of God. As she continued to say good things and truthful things about Paul he got very aggravated because he knew it was demonic. He turned around and cast the evil spirit out of her in the Name of Jesus Christ and it left that same hour. The bible says to try and spirits and to see if they are of God. Not every spirit is the Holy Spirit.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009