my 7 month old is starting

to throw a little tantrum! she gets upset when she's tired and she fights her sleep and she cries an makes an angry sounding cry lol and throws a baby tantrum is this normal in 7 month old? I know all babies are different but wow , I wonder what it will be like when she gets older.

I love her so much and I just hope this is a stage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah.. its a stage.. my daughter still does it when she gets real mad. She'll make that nasty angry sound and I hate it. It sounds so ugly. But I know that its her way of expressing herself, and once she figures out something else she'll probably do that too. Either way I love her regardless, and the nasty angry cry she's learning that mommy doesn't respond to it. If you wanna call it CIO.. whatever.. She's not really upset.. there's nothing really WRONG or I would have attended to it, but if she's throwing a fit cuz her toy is out of reach then whatever.. she can cry about it. She knows that if there's something really wrong mommy will fix it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Awww....i know its not cute to you, but its cute she is realizing she has her own emotions. Usually by 1 or 2 they have decided what they like and what they don't and since they can't talk they throw things or scream. Maybe can you put her in a baby 'time-out' when she is throwing herself around so she doesn't get hurt or hurt others. By baby time-out, I mean like set her in a playpen until she is done screaming. I wonder if that would work. BTW...i am against CIO, so don't think that is what i mean everyone. I mean put the baby down while she is throwing herself around so noone gets hurt. If you don't like that, you could just turn her around so her back is against you and you are holding her close. Watch out for her head though, she could head-butt your mouth/chin or neck and that hurts SOOOOO bad. It knocked the wind out of me once.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 8:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my daughter fits sleep the same way, and she's been doing it since about 7 months. we've learned with her that you just have to hold her tightly where she can't really move and she'll get a lil more pissed cause she can't move but in a few minutes she'll figure out we're not going to let her go and she'll quit and be asleep in a minute. we've tried to let her CIO in her crib and she cries for like 1/2 hour. if she can move that helps her to stay awake and she screams longer. if she can't move the forces keeping her awake are less so she give it up easier. she also has a 'no tears' cry and i usually try not to respond to it. eventually i know that she'll realize that it's not working. for a few weeks she would get really pitiful and sit down and cover her eyes with her hands when she did that cry. it was really cute! if she's crying because she can't 'get on the couch' or something i let her figure it out.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2009