Have you ever dropped your baby? Or did she ever roll off the bed or something onto the floor?

I just had my first baby and I am TERRIFIED of dropping her!! I think about it constantly. Why do I worry about this all the time? Please tell me this fear will go away and that I will NEVER drop her!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You shouldn't worry of dropping your baby! It will go away! I was the same way for a month or so! However......the falling of things worry will NEVER go away! and it WILL happen! it's just part of being a mother.....and the baby being a baby! things will be fine!
    Anonymous

• you wont drop her!!! i will say when my 2nd was younger he had a few spills, his brother tried to pick him up and fell down, things like that... kids are very resilient! just do the best you can, because once they start climbing the worries are even worse!!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my brother kid nasyA fell off the bed when she was a baby
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 7:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I dropped my brother once when he was about 6 months old...I was 10 though. But I never dropped my baby.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 8:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I haven't ever dropped my son, (and I'm sure you won't drop your baby either), but he has rolled off the couch once and my bed once (he was fine after being comforted)...but it's bound to happen, they're going to fall down, and bonk their heads, and hurt themselves...we just have to be there to comfort them and help them learn from their mistakes.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have dropped or bumped my kids against something a few times, especially as babies. but they are pretty resilient so dont worry if you do.
    pspmom

Answer by pspmom at 7:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2010