WAT WOULD YOU ASK THE BOY WHO WANTS TO DATE YOUR DAUGHTER ?

WELL MY DAUGHTER ASKED ME THAT THIS BOY SHE TALKS TO ASKED HER OUT OOO OKAY A DATE MAN IM OLD LOL NO TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND KIDS AND THEIRE LANGUAGE TODAY WAT WOULD YOU ASK HIM

FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 8:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• before the girls started dating we had a family council and made a list of dating rules. the said exactly what was allowed and what wasn't. And they were divided into age 14-16 and age 16-18. Every young man who came courting had to read the list of rules out loud. They could not say they didn't know. Then my hubby would trot out his sniper rifle like the one that shot JFK and he would go into this loooong speel about if he hurt our daughter the boy would never hear the bullet coming.
    Every young man got the same lecture it was well known at their high school.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• 1) When can I meet your parents?
    2) Where are you going?
    3) How long have you had your license (if he's driving) and what's your driving record?
    4) How did you meet my daughter?
    And it's not a question to ask, but I know that my husband will be sitting at the table cleaning the pistol, just for a little extra assurance, ROFL!
    I'm sure there will be more things, but that's all I can think of...luckily, I have quite a few years before I have to bust these out, hahahahaha!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Have you ever committed a FELONY? lol
    Naw, just normal stuff....Who are your parents?
    Do you enjoy school--plans for college?
    How long have you had your license? Any accidents, speeding tickets, hit and runs I should know about?
    Where are you going? What time should I expect you back?
    Be open and notice not only his answers, but his body language. That will give you even more answers than his words will. Be light about it though. If you make him feel like he's getting the third degree, he probably won't be coming around again.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• they havent even went on one date yet!!! do you have to intimidate him and embarrass your daughter already? ask your daughter about him. if you trust your daughter, and shes a good girl, shes probably not going out with a bad guy. but if they continue dating, then have her invite him over and see what you think about him. orrrr, when he picks her up to go on a date, have him come in for a few minutes, you should be able to see what kind of guy he is to an extent by the way he talks and the way hes dressed and etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• First I would make sure he knows her brothers and then her cousins. If he gets passed them then it would be on to her father and uncles. If he got passed them then it would be fine with me. Not very many will get beyond her brothers so I'm not worried.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if she wants to go to his house.. pressure him with questions. or when she's about to go on a date with him. till then, if they're just talking on the phone and whatnot, it's fine for now.
    and if she ask to have him over for dinner, let him come. but ask for his parents to swing by so you and them can meet.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Okay I am going to sound young here but seriously stay away from the silly questions.....they wont get you anywhere and will just end up embarrasing your daughter and her boyfriend....have her invite him over and few times and just watch (please dont "spy" though its annoying and intrusive).....talk to him (and her for that matter) like normal human beings and you will get much more information and insight......
    Lillette

Answer by Lillette at 10:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009