I NEED HEALTH INSURANCE!!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET AFFORDABLE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR MY HUSBAND & I WHILE I'M PREGNANT? THANKS FOR THE HELP!

LMP3423

Asked by LMP3423 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• Most states have health care for low income pregnant women but your husband wouldn't be covered, just you and then the baby after he's born.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My company offers low cost supplemental benefits. You can visit my website: www.mybenefitsplus.com/clanders and if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Our plans start at $29.95 and go up to $59.95 (per month) depending on what you want/need. And it's available the day you sign up. There is no age restrictions or pre-existing condition restrictions and you can use it as well. It will cover up to 20 people that live in your household.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• in addition to sbastille your county should have a low income clinic for pregnancy or through directly your local hospital.
    Anonymous

• I work for Blue Cross Blue Shield. You are currently uninsurable due to your pregnancy with regular insurance. Your only options are state run programs, medicaid. Or that Ameriplan discount program ripoff trying to be sold to you from the above poster. When you take the chance of having a child in the NICU racking up tens of thousands in medical bills, do you really want a discount card from something like Ameriplan that most people don't even accept? Stay far away. (google it) Look into state programs, some states have high risk pools that accept people who have been declined traditional health insurance if you for some reason don't qualify for medicaid.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and just to add- (i'm the poster from blue cross blue shield) your husband is uninsurable as well, being an expectant father. This is because if we accept him, we automatically have to take the baby from the day it is born. If its born with problems, the company doesn't want to pick up the tab on that. So they deny all expectant parents, men or women, until the child is born and has a clean bill of health.
    Anonymous

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Apply for state insurance and depending on your household income, your husband may be covered too. Guidelines have been changed because of our economy and the large amount of people unable to find affordable health care. It doesn't hurt to apply, the worst that they can say is No.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Check out pregnancy related Medicaid. You are probably eligible, even if you aren't eligible for regular medicaid.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009