Everyone In My Family Is Telling Me To Have An Abortion?

I'm going on 10 weeks pregnant almost three months and I got a call from my sister who hasnt' called me in a year. Telling me I won't be able to take care of another child. And its to expensive and that I really need to think this through. No one is supporting me with this pregnancy and for her to call me up after all that time of not talking to me to tell me to get an abortion is down right messed up?? Anyone else agree?? I'm 50/50 with this and I just can't kill something that has a heartbeat as strong as mine!! Advice please??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I cant tell u to get one or not to... personally i wouldnt, even if u dont want to keep the child have someone adopt the child, but DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT IN YOUR HEART AND DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE, YOU KNOW WHATS RIGHT FOR YOU AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE, NOT THEM.
    Anonymous

• I would tell them where to go, if you know what I mean...

That is the most horrible thing I've ever heard. I would be so upset if someone said that to me, I would never speak to them again. Ask your sister if she would kill her own baby!
    AmberMoffat

Answer by AmberMoffat at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would tell them to take a hike. It's your baby! If they aren't going to be supportive of your decisions they aren't really family. JMO.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if you don't have financial support that can set off concern of how to support another baby. does your family help you financially that they think another baby would drain their own financies helping you even more. Try calling BirthRight or BirthRite and your county's united way displaced homemaker's organization. Blessing for you and baby mommy and your older baby too!!
    Anonymous

• Go with your heart. You must. You would be killing part of you, not just the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That is YOUR decision, NOT theirs. You do what YOU feel is the right thing to do. It's not their body, their child, their life, or their state of mind that will be most affected.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Please don't have an abortion because of your family's stupidity and lack of support. In fact I hope you don't get one at all. Have your baby. Everything will work out.
    Anonymous

• ur family sounds like mine except im not preg im ttc for #2 every one is telling me b/c im not working that i dont deserve to have another baby...hello i cant work the disease i have prevents me form holding a steady job and y do they have the rite to tell me what i can and cant do with my life...heres what id do id tell them to shove it and do what i thought was best for the baby aside form abortion...theres always open adoption where u can be apart of the baby's life with its new family
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Stay with your heart dear. it is none of their business what you do. I am pregnant for #4 and my good Catholic Grandma mentioned abortion. I told them they were all insane. Do what you know is right!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I can not imagine calling anyone, family or not, and advising them to abort. It is nobody's business but you and the father. If you can not afford another child, please consider adoption. There are so many people who would do anything for one little baby in their lives and it will never happen without adoption. Follow what your heart is telling you because in the end, you will have to accept your decision. I hope things work out for you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009