do u think that saddness or stress make u feel older,iam 26; i have 2 kids and and i feel so bad when i look in the mirror and i see my skin tired ,yellow or some how dark dispite i don't wear makeup that much,and iam using an expensive cosmetics brand names,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Honey, I'm 30 and I feel the same way! I look in the mirror and I see a tired old hag looking back lol. The cause of my stress is my son....and I see bags, dark circles, yellowish tone, and I use great products on my face, none of that matters. And I even get acne too...hormones and stress. My hair has started to thin...from lack of sleep and stress, I guess it's part of life! When you see all the fancy pics of stars and beautiful women..don't be fooled, they are SO air brushed!!! We can all look like that...but in reality after having kids and losing sleep, and eating choppy because your so busy with the kids...you age faster, and it shows!
    Anonymous

• Being tired or stressed or depressed make a big difference in how you look. Be sure to use sunblock every day on your face, even if you don't go outside. Get fresh air, each healthy food- 5-9 vegetable and fruit servings a day. Don't smoke. If you think your skin is yellowish- get a medical check up. In fact if you are feeling tired and don't know why, get a check up- you could be anemic or have other medical problems that could be affecting you. Try to get enough sleep. If you are feeling depressed, talk with your doctor, too. Yoga and other exercise can help you relax and help get your circulation moving faster- this will help your complexion, too. I hope that you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 8:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Oh anon30, I am sorry about you, too. I wish that you could get enough rest and not feel so tired and haggard. Can you possibly take some time, even 15 minutes a day, and take a mini-vacation in your mind? Lie back with your feet up and think about a nice place that you'd like to visit where you don't have any worries? I hope you feel better, too.

Answer by Bmat at 8:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm so sorry you are feeling this way! I am sure that I don't know what you are going through exactly, but to some degree we have all been through events that have taken a toll on our looks...then our looks will make us feel worse!! LOL!! I don't want to product-push, when you are obviously not feeling up to it anyway, but I will say it isn't always about expense..but putting your money in the right areas at the right times. If you want I know great products for skin care and have found an awesome product for eye-tightening. (My BF was going to get an eye-lift, but now just uses this!) Good luck and Hang in there! Moms are beautiful people, and there will come a time when you will get your chance to get YOU back!
    mom2-2crazyboys

Answer by mom2-2crazyboys at 11:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I hear this all the time from my customers. My advice to you is to try to get more sleep even if that means 15 minutes at a time while your kids nap during the day. Drink twice as much water as you currently are and cut out at least half of the sodas or caffeine in your diet. I suggest to my customers the Avon Anew Advanced Retexturizing Peel. I use it and its awesome. Really does make a big difference. Id you want to try it go to www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. Also make sure you are getting a balanced diet. Stress is hard on your body so taking care of yourself will help. Try taking walks, listening to calming music or anything that will ease your stress a bit. Good luck to you :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I AM 28 GIRL !! AND NOOOO WAYY DO I FEEL OLD OR EVEN LOOK OLD ! IT'S THE WAY YOU CARRY YOURSELF AND THE EFFORT YOU PUT IN TO LOOK GOOD , I DO MY MAKE UP EVERY MORNING AND MY HAIR I DRESS CUTE , AND I'VE BEEN BROKE , SO I ACTUALLY DID MY OWN TOE NAILS LAST NIGHT , MY HOMEGIRLS THREAD MY EYEBROWS FOR FREE (THEY ARE IN MAKE UP SKOOL AND THEY PRACTICE ) . IT REALLY DOES MATTER IF YOU LOOK GOOD YOUR GONNA FEEL GOOD ... I'VE BEEN DIETING EATING HEALTHIER FOODS AND SNACKS - NO FAST FOODS OR RESTAURANTS!! AND I'VE LOST 21 LBS. WHEN I MEET NEW PEOPLE GUYS AND GIRLS AND THEY ASK HOW OLD I AM , I SAY "GUESS?" AND THEY GUESS 22 AND 23 !! UH UH GIRL U BETTER GET IT TOGETHER ! THERE IS ALWAYS TIME , I'M SINGLE , WORK FULL TIME, AND STILL COME HOME AND DO CHORES ... WAKE UP AT 6AM AND IN THE OFFICE BY 8, AND STILL MAKE SURE THE KIDS ARE READY !
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009