Has your child ran a fever with a mosquito bite.

My son has been bit by some misquitos and the bites have reacted with swelling and reddness. He also has a fever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I protect my kids with anti-mosquito lotion all the time specially during play time...do you see bright red rashes at his lower limb or chest? does his fever associated with headache,muscle or join pains? i suggest to rush him to the doctor for check up..he might have dengue...hope not!
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 8:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sounds like he may have an allergy. You sure it was a mosquito?

My son has an allergy to yellow jackets (a type of wasp) and he will swell up and start running a low grade fever and also be irritable for a few days after. Usually give him benedryl and it clears up

I'd say call his pediatrician and see what they suggest doing. Also watch him and make sure he doesn't have any other reactions. Also consider taking him in to his pediatrician anyway and they can test to see what exactly his allergy is.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• What about West Nile virus ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2009