IUD and antibiotics...

Is it like birth control pills and antibiotics where the efficiency of the pill is greatly reduced if not totally gone? I've never thought of asking my OBGYN.

TIA for your responses!

sauterelledesil

Asked by sauterelledesil at 8:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• one thing to say i had the iud put in 3 years ago it got lodged in my uterus and i had to have dnc to have it removed, i now have scar tisue on my uterus and i am trieing to get pregnant but the fetus gets attched to the scare tisue and dies i have had 4 misscarages and im am afraid that i will not have anyomore children the doctor said the the compicaton i had is rare but nothing is worth the risk you never know when you may want to have more children
    please stay away from this it is not sfae mo matter what your doctor says
    PS it was more painful then child birth to have it removed
    mommommom1988

Answer by mommommom1988 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have only had mine for 16 months and so far no problems. My cycle is regular and VERY light, no cramps or anything. I did know one women who had hers removed because her bleeding got out of control.
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009