• In the Spotlight:

9 month old doesnt want to sleep at night

My son has just started waking up around 1am and doesnt go back to sleep at all. He sits up and smiles, climbs on top of me and wants to play. I am losing my mind due to lack of sleep. Are there any ways to get him to sleep and stay asleep? ways to make it easier since he just fights against the idea of sleeping?

YoungandExcited

Asked by YoungandExcited at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he sleep in the bed with you? I would say if he is in his own crib and he isn't crying let him be. He obviously will be tired during the day, but do your best to keep him up until it's his nap time. It will be a lot of work, but he will eventually figure it out. GOOD LUCK!
    HollysMommy

Answer by HollysMommy at 8:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Play with him. He's a growing boy, so his changing body can't stick to one schedule. Get up with him and sleep when he sleeps. Just try to keep night time very calm and quiet even if you are awake with him. Make it quiet play time. Make days more bright, alert, active, noisy, fun, etc.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2009