Should I change her naptime?

My daughter, who is one now, used to have two naptimes ranging from an hour to an hour and a half plus her bedtime. Now that she's older I'm wondering if I should narrow it down to one naptime during the middle of the day. Her naps don't interfere with her bedtime. She still gets eight hours. How much sleep should she be getting? Should I change her naptime? Help if you can please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her "tell" you that she is ready to go down to one nap. Up until a couple months ago my 2 year old was still taking two naps a day. She now takes one nap right after lunch, but it lasts at least 2-4 hours (depending on our day), and she sleeps almost 12 hours at night. Once again though, depending on our day, she may still get two naps. She lets me know when she's tired, and if it's been a long day, I'll let her take a 30 min to an hour nap before dinner, and she will still go to bed at 8.
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If her naps don't interfere with bedtime, don't change them. Sometime before 18 months, most kids drop to 1 nap. Wait for her to do it.
    She should be getting 12 to 14 hours a day. If she is only getting 8 at night, she needs to get a lot of naptime in during the day to make up the shortfall.

http://www.familysleep.com/8-months-to-15-months.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thanks for the help ya'll. :)
    Anonymous