Anyone know of a great line of skin care products?

Ive tried olay and clean & clear and they dont work very good. I need something for white heads, clogged pores and normal to oily skin.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

I am a HUGE fan of Lush skin care products

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I am a Mary Kay consultant and I use the 3 in one cleanser and moisturizer. If you have any questions about the line feel free to contact me
    Ashley Lee
    sagesmom724

Answer by sagesmom724 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I do Clinique. You need to wash every morning and night for real results(that are GOOD) You can get it at Nordstroms.
    michelle.devin4

Answer by michelle.devin4 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sometimes I think I have to worry more about WHY my face is breaking out then WHAT I am putting on my face..ie stress, my cycle, environment, etc. However, I have tried a TON of products, I do tend to agree with the PP that recommended more natural products than conventional treatment. Alot of "over-the-counter" natural products still have alot of artificial products that interfer with their effectiveness so be aware of that as well and don't get discouraged. Using straight home-remedies will also cause you to lose out on some of the benefits science as brought skin care. I personally recommend Sensaria...there is a link on my page..my whole family has fallen in love with them.
    mom2-2crazyboys

Answer by mom2-2crazyboys at 11:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I've always had tough skin and I sell Avon and they just came out with a kit called Clearskin Professionals for acne that is amazing for adult skin. It works well and it doesn't dry your skin out. It also has made a huge difference on shine. www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Sea Breeze is very good and noxema products are very good as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• juice beauty makes organic face care, and they have a line specifically for treating acne/clogged pores.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I use Cetaphil facial wash twice a day. It's the ONLY thing I've EVER used that washes away completely leaving no nasty residue, and doesn't dry out my sensitive skin. I've tried every freakin' face wash you can imagine, and even the one's with medication for acne make it worse by drying my skin! And the products that say "oil free" leave my face oily (maybe my face is just outright ridiculous??) And seriously, for $5 a pop at any store they sell face wash, you can't beat it. It was originally created FOR dermatologists, as well.

You also want to check your make-up...if you use foundation, make sure it's non-comedogenic.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've been a Mary Kay user for 18 years. As I got older, my skin started changing. I started breaking out more now as an adult than I ever did as a child. I just switched to AVEENO CLEAR COMPLEXION and I have no more blemishes and my skin is soft and lovely.

This is my routine :
    AVEENO Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser at night
    AVEENO Positively Ageless Warming Scrub at night
    AVEENO Clear Complexion Moisturizer at night and morning
    AVEENO Clear Complexion Foam Cleanser in the morning (I like the lighter clean in the morning)

Washing your face TWO times per day is the most important thing.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 8:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You need to check out the keys line.It is amazing from sunscreen to itch creams!! They are my favorite new product completly natural. I also found them @ Thompson Chemists, Soho New York.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2009