Half of Israelis don't want the mentally retarded living in their vicinity

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull&cid=1245184882155

This makes me so sad. Do you think there would be similar results here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• there are also tribes on our planet that won't let a developmentally disabled baby survive for the sake of the tribe's survival. They also won't let twins survive, the mother must choose which one she wants to keep and the other one is killed. Do I think it's right? No. Do I feel that they should do what I feel is right? No. It is not my culture. Not everyone can live up to our standards.

Anonymous

• Do you think there would be similar results here?

Depends - would it be out in the open voting or anonymous secret ballots?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• As NP said, if the ballots were done secretly, we'd prob have the same results. If it was open polling, then we'd have highly skewed results....of course in the direction that wouldn't make us look as terrible as the Israelis! But then again, the Israelis are a kooky bunch. Just look at their concentration camps (like Gaza)!!!
    Anonymous

• Concentration camps? Because if a group of people living near you wanted to destroy you and your family you would embrace them wouldn't you?
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We get it many people hate Israeli's.
    Anonymous

• Exactly miriamz.Gee they should just give them more land so the terrorists can reach even further in to them next time.They should just be complete idiots and allow them to walk all over them considering they will settle for no less then taking ALL of the land.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Don't you know Israelis building homes is an international crisis but Iran building nuclear weapons is just peachy.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• As a parent of a child with Asperger's Syndrome, which is high functioning Autism, it IS like that here! People don't want to socialize with you because your child is different. As soon as you say "Autism" most get this scared look and you never hear from them again.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Awwwww toooooooooo bad for them, I honestly believe there ain't much they can do, especially and mainly only in america.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 1:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I am pro Israel.
    It is wrong.
    Many Americans think it's okay to abort full term babies.
    It is wrong.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2009