How to I get my two year old excited about potty training?

She is so smart and knows what to do but refuses to go on the toilet! We've tried bribing her. She has treats on top of the fridge for when she does go on the potty. I've sat her on the toilet with food and put a movie on the computer and she still won't go. She'll step off and pee on the floor 5 minutes later. She refuses the toilet but takes her diaper off because she doesn't like to wear it and especially doesn't like it wet. I'm really tired of cleaning pee AND poop up off the floor all day long. I just can't seem to get her interested. Any suggestions?

hetherannie

Asked by hetherannie at 8:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter likes to sing and read when she is on the toilet which im still in the process but seems to get her to want to sit on the toilet and i always go in her bathroom so that she goes with me when i sit down she sits down and then i flush and we say bye poop or pee.. my daughter loves it
    reesesmama

Answer by reesesmama at 9:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My ds was the same. I took him out and let him pick out some undies. When we got home he was all excited to put them on and I told him that he needs to poo and pee in the toilet if he wanted to keep them on. AND if he went in the undies we had to throw tham away...after the first pair we threw away, he was heart broken (we later washed them up without him knowing) and he just kinda went from there. I guess I got lucky :) Good Luck
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009