weird groin pain

i am 35 weeks 4 dys and sometimes I get this really weird groin pains.. they only last for about 5 seconds but it's like a tightening in there and it hurts. also in the mornings i get this tightening in my lower abdomen at first i thought they might be prelabor contractions but they go away once i move my bowels in the morning. Are those braxton hicks? prelabor contraction? anybody know what the groin pain is?

annie823

Asked by annie823 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My labor with my 2nd child was all in the groin area... maybe that's what it is for you...
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 8:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I had the same thing only my groin pain lasted a bit longer. The tightening in the abdomen was also relieved after going to the bathroom. My doctor was never concerned so I wasn't either. I had to healthy babies on schedule. symphysis pubis dysfunction in pregnancy the hormone relaxin is released to soften the joints in preparation for the birth of your baby, but in around one in 35 women the hormone causes the ligaments to soften and stretch too much and become painful
    fuelsgirl2

Answer by fuelsgirl2 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009