Is there anywhere I can sell old money from Germany and other places?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Try an antique shop

But honestly, i would keep all your marks and things...at least one of each kind if you have it. It will be worth something someday.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Ebay all the way!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Stop by a reputable coin dealer for an estimate of the value. Then do some research on ebay to see what this type of item sells for.

If the value is over $300, you may be best off selling through an auction house.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My husband & I buy & sell auctioneed storage units. We recently came into all kinds of foreign money and coins. We turned in the ones from Singapore, Africa, Indonesia and we looked up the exchange rate on the internet b-fore and it looked like we were going to get back a little over $1,000.00. Wrong.. we turned it over to our bank who sent it off for the exchange. We got back about $35.00 ! Reason we were told is: Other countries money (Indonesia) actually looses value the older it is. Not like the U.S. dollar that holds its worth. The older the money is, the less it is worth!
    I have to check into some Venuszuela money now!! I still would rather exchange it now. Only coins I hold.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009