what should i do?

my 16mth old son has recently stopped eating anything but spag. raviolli,and stuff like that.Everyone tells me its fine and to let him eat what he wants.Is this okay? HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter did this with a couple of things. My niece when she was that age would only eat fish sticks morning, noon, and night. He will grow out of it. What we did with my daughter is we added a Pediasure in the mornings to make sure she was getting vitamins. She is 5 now and she still drinks her Pediasure for breakfast, because they can be a meal replacement. They do make whole wheat pastas too.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with TeriMelissa. I also supplement my 23 month old son's diet with Pediasure. He has a cup every single morning with his breakfast.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I give my 18 mo DD a gummy vitamin every day. If ur really concerned about this u could make homemade pasta (with what time I know) but it lasts for a while in the fridge. U could puree up vegetables into his pasta & fruit so he dosent know or make him ur own ravioli's slipping in what u want him to eat.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• they just go through stages-- i wouldn't worry. his body will begin to crave things he is deficient in. my son does the same thing. just a suggestion though- jerry seinfeld's wife came out with a great cook book on how to sneak healthy foods into your child's diet.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 9:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Mine went through the same thing, but her thing was Happy Meals! Her doc told me as long as she was getting her daily vitamins, to let her do it. She would get tired of it and move on to something else. She did about a week later. I did figure out though that if I put healthier foods IN the Happy Meal box, she would eat it! So I would give her veggies in the fry wrapper and milk in the cup. Maybe if you put healthy things on the plate WITH the ravioli, your child would eat it. Or grind it up in the blender and hide in it there! Like peas on a pizza...they'll eat it if they don't know it's there!
    Check with his doc to be sure though...some kids need things that most don't. If your doc says it's good to let him eat just ravioli 3 meals a day during this phase, then let him!  He's learning to make those choices. Encourage smarter ones, but don't make food a battle ground! You'll regret that one later!
    Good luck!
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 7:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2009