Do you have a really yummy Sangria recipe?

I don't want something you just Google up. I want a recipe you make for when your girlfriends come over and you all sit around and sip it and go "Ahhhh!"

asiamommi

Asked by asiamommi at 9:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I do! This is the one I found and have used again and again.  Tried and true, everyone raves...the only problem is there is never enough!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sangria-Sangria/Detail.aspx

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• All I know is I used to work at the Olive Garden & u can buy the sangria mix from them. They'll give u a bottle or whichever flavor u like, just add in ur white wine, I think their good at least :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Use a rioja (spanish red wine) and make it the day before.
    Ingredients:
    A bottle of cheap red wine*
    A similar quantity 7up, Sprite or other sparkling lemon drink (I use Italian soda)
    A glass of liquor (brandy, whiskey or cointreau; I use good dark rum)
    A peach
    An apple
    An orange
    5-10oz of sugar
    Cinnamon
    *Red wine in Spain can be extremely cheap. The cheapest you can get is usually OK. You are adding so much to it that anything expensive would be a waste. However, for that authentic Spanish feel, a wine from Spain would be best. You can buy a cheap Rioja (the quintessential Spanish wine) at Trader Joes for $5 or so.
    Chop the fruit and soak in the liquor in the fridge overnight (optional). If you are worried about mixing your drinks, stick to grape-based beverages and choose brandy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Pour the wine, liquor & fruit and lemonade into a punch bowl and add lots of ice. If you are preparing immediately before serving and you'd like it to stay slightly fizzy, pour the lemonade into the bowl first and pour the other ingredients in slowly.

Add half the sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Taste. If it doesn't taste sweet enough, add more sugar. You'd be surprised how much sugar is necessary.

Add ice and serve