Need adivce on what i should do as far as schooling -Photography or ECFE?

I have decided after the 2nd baby comes i am going back to school.. I have always wanted to pursue ECFE (since i was little )and worked in a daycare for a year and i know there is a need for teachers but i also love taking pictures ( a more recent interest) I know photogrhapers can make more money but i also know it is a more competeitve feild and maybe not as gaurernteed a postion as teaching.. I know the choice is ulitmatley mine but im looking for adivce and feedback to help me decide..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I suggest having a couple of informationa interviews with professionals in each field, and speaking with an admissions counselor at your local community college or state university.

Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2009