28 weeks..

I'm 28 weeks and starting to get some major delivery anxiety. I'm worrying about EVERYTHING, it's driving me insane. Plus it feels like it's taking forever to get to the end now...I feel like I have forever left and It's just dragging on.

Any words of wisdom or advice for preparing for labor and calming my nerves? or maybe some ideas to get my mind off things and make it seem to speed up?

javila

Asked by javila at 10:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• girl Im in the same boat....Im 28wks (29 2marrow) and Im so scarred,and it seems like when 26wks hit ,time just stopped..It got me so mad...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• lol awh that's funny. i just saw your other question...we are both having girls! :D when is your due date?
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• same thing happend to me. once i hit 30 weeks i was like "omg this kid is never coming out." it seriously almost lead to depression.. the only thing that kept me going was hearing her heartbeat every appt. and sitting in her room, which was done weeeeeks before she arrived. lol. hang in there.. you will have your baby soon! i promise! and then when they are here, time will fllyyyyy. i can't believe my baby girl is bout to be 4 months.. where did the time go?
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 10:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't remember being scared. I was mostly excited & impatient. I was dealing w/ a lot of other issues at the time, so I didn't really have the mental capacity to worry about labor & delivery.

But to deal with the stress & anxiety I did have, I went shopping. A lot of shopping! And of course I read a lot and got on sites like CafeMom and BabyCenter.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Me, too! I am only 21 weeks, but the time flies when you are scared. lol
    PomMomz

Answer by PomMomz at 11:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i feel the same, and i know I dont want her out until she is ready, but for me small projects help the time go by, like making her baby blankets and small teddy bears. maybe you could try it.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009