carseat trouble...

hubby is being cheap and wont let me get a carseat over 50$...So does anyone know where I can get a NEW carseat under 50$....?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Check discount stores - like Ross, Marshalls and Big Lots. Sometimes even Target has them on clearance. However, you're probably going to spend a lot of money driving to all these different stores to see if they have it.

Explain it to your hubby this way. You CAN spend about 4 hours going to all these different stores and probably $10-$20 in gas. Or you can just go ahead and get the one at WalMart. So, what's the difference in buying a car seat for $40.00 and spending $15 in gas to find it???
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 9:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• if you have a big lots near you they have the cheapest we found for a infant car seat and i think he ended up paying like 60ish also look on craigslist some on there pretty cheap and cute just make sure u check the recall list before buying off there
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Wamart had a cosco one for 5-22lbs for $45, they have it in tan, pink, blue and green, it is very cute
    Anonymous

• I registered for mine and got both it and an extra base for my husband's car from my stepmom.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It will be hard for you to find a good car seat for 50 bucks i would tell your husband atleast try and persway him to at least pay up to 75 show him all the car seats you could possible find and make him pick one out except what he picks has to be agreeable with you and meet all saftey needs personaly it would be better to buy a new one that a used becuase u dont know the history of the one your getting good luck maybe he will see your side and not be so cheap.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well I saw one at walmart it was pink and lime green for 49$ but he said after taxs it would be too much
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i got a brand new car seat when daughter was born for 35$ at Once Upon A Child....
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 11:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009