Child Issue At Camp?

My child's father and my husband is traveling for the whole month of July and today when I picked my child up the counselors said that she was getting in trouble and finally started crying and it took 20 minutes for her to say whats wrong. She misses his daddy. What do you think I can tell her to do? What should I do? ( She is 11)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Is she able to talk to her dad on the phone? I would just tell her that dad has gone on a trip and he will be back soon and that in the mean time she can look forward to his call at "X" time.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree. Have him call her every night at a certain time and maybe she can read him an article or something. Get her a calendar with his return date highlighted so she can keep track of the days. It may not seem as long. Then they can plan for a movie or something when he returns.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 12:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2009