Why does my 3 month old cry when he is asleep?

We just moved our 3 month old to his own room and during the night he will randomly start crying but still be sleeping. I would hear him in the monitor and when i get in the room he would stop. Should i move him back into our room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It might must be an adjustment thing.
    Anonymous

• I agree and its great that he's back asleep so fast!!
    Anonymous

• My 6 week old does this and I swear it's because she's inherited night terrors from my husband's side of the family!
    I wouldn't worry about it, he probably doesn't even know he's doing it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think sometimes they have nightmares. One day my DD did this after a stressful day and I could not work out what had happened. I just held her close and she didn't wake up but settle. If it continues maybe you should move him back in with you. Might not like distance
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009