Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the father of my 6 & 2 yr old girls refuses to see them

when we divorced he insisted on joint custody & visitation rights in writing. Now he refuses to see them & hasn't since about may 18th 09. I have called & came to his house & never receive an answer.
if he is not going to see them I want him to put into writing ,but he won't.
With him being wishy washy I'm scared he may try to tell the court I withhold the kids from him which I don't. He has told me he doesn't want to see them but won't sign away his rights unless my fiancee adopts them so he won't have to pay support.

Answer Question

Asked by maiahlynn at 10:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

Level 13 (1,143 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • go to the courts and tell them. thats ridiculous and very immature of him. hes the one that pushed for it he can deal with it or suffer the consequenses.

    Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • I don't know much about custody but I know one thing when it comes to courts, write everything down dates and time you called him, the date when he told you he don't want to see them, the date you showed up at his house just keep records of everything good luck and I'm sorry

    Answer by looovemybabies at 10:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • Send him e-mails demanding an answer, and save the e-mails in case you need them later. Same with any voice mail messages. Keep track of every time you have called and details of the conversation.

    Answer by mancosmomma at 10:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • Wow, that makes me so sad for your girls. It is beyond me how anyone, mother or father, could ever not want to see their children. As the PPs said, get as much proof as you can of all attempts of contact and get to court soon. I'm so sorry, good luck to you and your sweet babies.

    Answer by shanlaree at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • while u should tell the courts for ur protection, my son has never met his dad (i know it's a disappointment since ur girls have) but don't push him. Let him go, that's one less asshole your girls have to deal with in their lives. While it's sad and terrible, get them counceling so they can go on without being angry. My son was at first but now he says he doesnt care. I never tell my son anything bad about his father, and if I find out anything new about him, I tell him. Recently his father moved out of state and I told my son and he said he didnt care. Eventually they will get over it, and they won't blame u, or themselves if u approach it right. if he makes a promise to get them, don'ttell them until he shows up, this way they can't get disappointed. I'm sorry for those kids, but even more sorry for deadbeat dads, they dont know what theyre missing

    Answer by mumma28 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • keep a record.. and then take him back to court and tell the judge hi he isnt seeing them i want this cause i dont want him to say that i am holding the kids from him.. got a two year old myself that hasnt ever really seen her dad

    Answer by miss_nevin at 3:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

  • I tried to motion the court for his visits to be taken because he is not seeing them anyway, but the judge told me it wasn't a proper motion- i want him to either see them or sign away his rights our court papers say i must live in IL ,but i don't want to be stuck here when he isn't even seeing them.
    my 2yr old doesn't remember him & my 6 yr old keeps asking me why he don't want to see her.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 11:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.