Need advice, please!!!

I went to my orthopedics appt today. I had cartilage sewn back together back in 03, and now my current orthopedist thinks that the cartilage is weak and may have torn again in the same place.

I am limping and am returning to work on Saturday. However, due to being on my feet and using my knee alot at my retail job, this may be why I am having this surgery again. I am not really sure. I may just have weak cartilage now because of my age.

Should I return to my job after the next surgery, or just plan on working from home? What would you do?

Lara Montero

Work At Home United

http://www.workathomeunited.com/happymomof3

larashomebiz

Asked by larashomebiz at 10:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• you simply cannot plan for things like that.... you don't know how you'll heal, maybe you'll need to goto a rehab facility, how many days a week you'll have physical therapy, etc. Gotta just roll with the punches on knee surgeries and plan as you go.... I had patella fusion and reconstruction in May and things are still chaos around my house.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would say retail will be hard for you after a knee surgery. Ask your boss if you can have a job sitting down until you recover or work from home. I'd give myself at least six weeks to heal though. Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank you!!!-Lara
    larashomebiz

Answer by larashomebiz at 10:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2009