are braxton hicks suppose to hurt? this is baby #2 for me. HELP! thanks

i am 27 half weeks prego.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I asked my doc..and she said its suppose to feel like cramps..
    But I just had a doc app 2day,I have been having HORRIBLE pains in my lower stomach..and she said it could be the baby descending in the pelvic area...thats what happening to me...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• and Im 28wks preggers
    Lovin_mybaby5

• If the pains are just in your back it could be a uti last night i thought i was going to die becuase of the pain i thought it was braxton hicks but it wasnt. But yes they are supose to hurt.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• They can get very uncomfortable, but they should not actually be painful. The first poster is correct; it could be the baby descending into your pelvic area. You could just call your dr or ask-a-nurse hotline & run it by them if it would help :-)
    fosternpa

Answer by fosternpa at 11:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I suggest calling your dr. If necessary you can even have the hospital reach them.
    singlemama20

Answer by singlemama20 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks and I've experienced menstrual cramps AND this horrible pain on my right side that decends to my belly. The cramps come every other day but this right-side pain comes everyday at night! I can't even talk and just try and breathe it out until it passes. Its my first pregnancy and I don't know what is BH and a contraction but its not any infections cause I had a culture last week and everything is negative. So I am lost at what anything feels like.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 11:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've had 5 children and I've ALWAYS had painful Braxton Hicks. Always. Everybody says they shouldn't actually hurt but mine did. I would have them so hard that sometimes I would have to breathe through them but I was never actually in labor.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009