• In the Spotlight:

Im 7 months pregnant im not exactly in a stress free enviroment (if that helps with this question) but i was in the shower today and in the middle of washing my hair. All of a sudden i started losing my vision, i could hardly breath and felt really lightheaded and dizzy. I had 2 hurry and jump out out the shower i was scared. Any advice for me on why this happened?

lil_sexii

Asked by lil_sexii at 10:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• this happened to me in my 1st trimester (Im 7months now too) and It got so bad that I had to start bringing my hubby in the bathroom with me when I showered...
    My doctor told me it could be 1 of two things...
    #1: the water is TOO hot! you need to take cooler showers

#2: you need to get more rest..not just sleeping,but relaxing time,you're pregnant! you gotta remember that
    fOR ME IT WAS BOTH..i was trying to still do things from when I wasn't pregnant.
    Hope I helped
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• that and those are signs of hypertension
    Anonymous

• it was too hot in the shower, i get like that and im not pregnant
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would talk to my doctor BUT the body just does weird things when you are pregnant. It could be the above mentioned things or it could just be hormones. I have a friend who would pass out when she was pregnant. She went through a barrage of testing and there was nothing wrong with her. I had another friend who would lose her power of speech mid sentence and pass out. She saw a neurologist. They ran every test under the sun and there was nothing wrong with her either. So, talk to your doctor but don't be surprised if they just chalk it up to pregnancy weirdness.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 11:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• When you're in a hot environment like that, that's actually pretty common. It happened to me a few times. As long as you can recognize it coming on, and fix whatever's causing it, I wouldn't be too alarmed. But definitely bring it up at your next appointment.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• hot water yes, but also keep an eye on the way you are standing in the shower. Sometimes standing with your knees locked can make you pass out. weird but true
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 11:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Please get to a doctor. This could be nothing, or many serious things.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2009