Is it safe to take a bath while haveing a uti?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What!?? It is safe to take a bath while having a UTI. Bacteria is inside your bladder NOT your vagina. It would be a different story if you had crabs or herpes. In that case, I don't know if you'd want to spread skin disease in other areas. I'm 37 wks and I've had 2 UTIs and I've taken baths and it doesn't spread anywhere. I'm happy that I don't have it anymore thanks to the nasty cranberry juice and macrodatin pills my doc prescribed but just make sure you drink lots of juices and water and pee A LOT so the bacteria will get flushed. I'm sure u know about cranberry and how bacteria doesn't like acidic fluid. Good luck and enjoy ur nice bath!!
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 11:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't, it could aggravate the infection, especially if it's a bubble bath. you could always call your doc just to be sure.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Sometimes baths cause UTI + you will ooze infection into your bath water. Gross.. and means that you then have to worry about causing infection in other areas... eyes, ears, mouth, nose, vagina + any open wound you might have.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009