What does it mean when baby has stinky pee?

He's breastfed and eats a lot so I don't think a UTI??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• newborns can have a strong urine odor. call your pediatrician if your baby is older.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My first used to get that when I ate chinese. Lol, if he's not uncomfortable or running a fever, and is peeing a normal amount, I'd just mention it to the doc next time. (As long as it is normal colores pee too)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• *colored
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• it could be dehydration. i breastfeed my daughter as well some times i think im feeding her alot but its steel not enough... its also summer an the heat gets to them how old is your lil 1..
    you can tell if it is dehydration or a uti by the skin rule were you press the skin an count to 7 an if the skin color retarns fast than there fine.. if not than it can be dehydration.. also check the fontanel if its sunken in it also a sign of dehydration.
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 11:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009