Her friend runs through a park with 2,ooo people without her mom!

My daughter and her are 71/2 and she runs through this park during a music festival of at least 2,ooo people without her mom,I'm shocked that her mom allows this.Tonight,my daughter took off running again into the crowds and I followed after her,like a over protective parent,I lost them for about 5 minutes and it was the scariest thing,I took my eyes off them for one minute, my husband was watching them,but with that many people we both do. After loosing my daughter this time it finally dawned on me I don't have to let this brat tell me how to raise my child,she is a brat in alot of ways.I don't care if she's allowed to be a free spirit I don't feel comfortable doing that and now I have put my foot down and told them they can only run near the park where the kids are not around the adults.What do you think of this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You only have her once, and there are no redo's. Don't do something you are not comfortable with and never let any 'free spirit' parent make you feel guilty. When her daughter is pregnant or doing drugs because she was allowed to go all over (seriously, this happens all the time, over and over), then you will really know you did the right thing tonight. I think that I'm glad you put your foot down but 7.5 is very early for you to be thinking about being the 'cool' parent. You never want that, you want them to trust you and respect you. Maybe you should think about a new friend for your daughter.
    Anonymous

• That is very dangerous letting a child that young run free in such a crowded place where anybody could snatch them. There are tons of kidnappers out there waiting for opportunities like that. I definitely wouldn't let a child that young do that. That mom is not doing her job. You're doing the right thing by keeping them in your sight at all times.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree this girl must be really spoiled now that I think of it.She's overweight and I think her parents are trying to please her every way,to keep her happy.This girl would run through the playground and then run to a grassy patch of land and then into the crowds of adults listening and sitting on the grass with their lawn chairs.I felt so stupid running after them in this situation but I wanted my child to run free too like I didn't want her to miss out on it. Next time to I'm going to dress her up in bright colors because that was awful loosing her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Also she's good friends with this girl,my daughter only has one friend that has been so loyal to her,coming to her birthdays,my daughter stutters so it's hard for her to make friends.This girl is a sassy mouthed brat and she's not a good influence on my daughter but we make sure she doesn't spend alot of time with her at least.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2009