I NEED HELP ON HOW TO MAKE CENTERPIECES OF MY SONS 1ST BDAY PARTY!

My son's theme is mickey mouse. I really want to make my own centerpieces but I have no ideas? does anyone have any ideas that might help?

mommaY107

Asked by mommaY107 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Maybe you could cut the head/mouse ears silhouette out of black construction paper and glue it on some popsicle sticks or straws and stick them in some small vases with daisies. Works good for adults. If there are lots of kids, do the same thing, but with white paper and stick them in cups with crayons so the kids can color them.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have no idea. Personally, I would check a party supply store for them. I am usually far too busy at my daughter's birthday time to mess with making centerpieces. I like to bake her cake and I am always making other things too.

But if you diy, kudos to you.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't know how to go about it, maybe craft foam, but you could make the iconic black ears like the hats. Or something along those lines.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• What about balloons? Blow up two black ones for his ears and one white one for his face. Draw eyes, nose, mouth on the white balloon with marker and tie them together to create the Mickey Mouse face. Attach them to a dowel rod and stick into something so it stands up the right way, like foam block. I can see it in my head and it looks cute, but I've never actually tried it. It may not work at all. LOL
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 2:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You can make Mickey Mouse lollipops. Place them in a jar or basket.

Also, for each seating, you can put out Mickey Mouse cookies.

You can place a Mickey Mouse balloon in the center of the table.
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2009