how do i get my son to stop being a momma's boy so much, he is 2 and has to be w me 24/7! i love it but sometimes need 5 minutes, help!

I have a 3 1/2 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son both my pride and joy and my life! stay at home mommy and sometimes need a few minutes without the crying and screaming, what do i do?

mama2cutiepies

Asked by mama2cutiepies at 11:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your older one could go with you to free public library things for kids at any branch not only in your town plus book stores have kids things too. Some are even for your son's age. Some used to be at least in the evenings too. Give them a look!!!
    Anonymous

• If you have a spouse, I usually take a hot bath once he is home or once the children are in bed. I insist the kids are in bed early so I can have some time away from them. With 5 children, we simply don't have money for a babysitter so we have to find other ways to get alone time.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 11:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My son was like that. At about 18 months I "trained" him to not be on top of mommy all the time. I was trying easier, gentler ways before that, but it didn't work. At 18 months, I would put him in the playroom to play with his brother, and put the baby gate in the doorway. That way he could see me, but couldn't get to me. And I talked to him. At first he did a lot of crying, and it was hard to just let him (I did go to pick him up if he got hysterical, but that only happened once), but after a bit he would settle down and play with the toys, although always where I could see him. I would only do it for a little while, mostly when there was stuff I HAD to get done, and then let him come back to mommy, kind of eased him into playing by himself, slowly. That was 2 months ago, now the gate is gone, and although he's sometimes still by my feet, mostly he goes to play. Our only issue yet is leaving him with babysitters, lol
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• every night my hubby lets me take a hot bath after dinner....he does clean up and it all started because i snapped...i grabbed him by hi shirt and said listen here buddy, you work 5 days a week and have 2 days off i dont even get a break so let me have one...and he said fine take a bath and since then i have
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I know what you mean. I have a two year old dd and I am pregnant with my second baby and I dont know what I am going to do when the baby needs my time and she is going to have to wait. I am a stay at home mom but I babysit during the day. My dd is ok with the attention I give the other kids but I think its because she knows they go home but on the weekends when my husband tries to make her food or put her in her carseat or even push her on her swing she always yells no I want mom to do it and I get soo frustrated. I usually walk away but my poor husband and it still frustrates me because I dont want to have to do it all and it would be nice if she would let my husband do things with her so I could have 5 minuts to myself. If I'm in the shower she even opens up the door and waits for me in the bathroom until I am done.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009