How can I tell it's working?

I'm on Nuva Ring and I know it works by mkeing me not ovulate...but I still have some signs of ovulation..mostly the discharge thing. I've never been great on being able to tell if I am or not, but I get discharge once a month, so I understand that to be me ovulating. Am I wrong? Is there a way to know if it's working on or not?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 11:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well if you come up pregnant, i would say it wasn't working...lol I'm just kidding I was on Nuva Ring for awhile. I didn't get pregnant but one morning my boyfriend at the time found it in his bed. I guess it fell out during you know what the night before. Those where the most terrifying 2 weeks of my life, cause omg he was a total loser. Thank someone I must of had a angel on my shoulder.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yuck! ok im done being immature, but discharge is a sign of ovulation, if u just got it, ur supposed to continue using an alternate contraception for 3 months until it kicks in...The idea that it might fall out, reason #20 why I only use condoms and the rhythym method
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Lol, yeah your rhythm method will get you pregnant real fast.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm a very careful rhythym method user, lol, up to 3 days after my period, and 4 days before, condoms the rest, it's worked so far, except for the times i wasnt paying attention to what day it was...lol it's still better than that yucky needle thing that can fall out
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009