What would you do if your physciatrist doctor didn't believe you?

About 5 years ago I was stalked by a bunch of people and I was so tramatized by it I had to go on anti-psycotic medication.Then the people would leave me alone and I would go off my pills.I would tell my doctor that I was being bothered by these people, that I'm not skitzophrenic but they don't believe me.Then the stalking would happen again and I would have to go on my pills again so I've been in the mental health system for some time I even had to go into a rehab last year because I needed a different pill and I could tollerate the other one.I've told my doctor this and she doesn't believe me she thinks I want to stop taking my pills.So I tried a new pill and it worked for me,except the dose wears off and I can't tollerate a higher dose,again my doctor thinks I'm lying about this and she is such a bitch,I can't change doctors,because I'm low income.I don't know if I should keep going to my appointments..continnued;

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• who has seen stalkers stalking you except for yourself? have the police talked to any of the people you think are stalking you?
    Anonymous

• continued? not sure where? do you have police reports of the stalking or friends relatives who witnessed it?
    Anonymous

• So basically you are saying that while you are on your pills then there was no body stalking you, but once you went off of them, then they started stalking you again. Sweetie, do us all a favor and stay on your pills.

Anonymous

• Because I better stay in the system when I need them again but when I go there I don't order any pills, I just tell her what's going on with me and she is making me feel bad about myself.She has said, that Iam not skitzophrenic, she thinks I have Bipolar depression,yeah that would explain the stalking?The only reason anyone in the mental health system called me skitzophrenic is because I was taking a medication;Seroquel for social anxiety and it was the only medication I used,so when I went into the mental health ward, I asked for some more Seroquel and then they said I was skitzo.But I'm relieved that the doctor doesn't think Iam,even though I do get paranoid at times and have social anxiety around others I don't see things or hear voices telling me to kill myself.
    Anonymous

• take pix of the folks who are stalking you. Even with low income you could buy a cheap disposable camera. If you have someone who has a digital camera at least you would have date and time stamped pix. Just a thought.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• This is the thing 5 yrs. ago I called the police and talked to them but they couldn't do anything because I didn't have evidence.Then later a Police man told me if you ever bump into people bothering you ,call the Police and they'll come out and talk with them.I haven't done this yet but it's good to remember but the people could just say,we don't know what your talking about or what we aren't bothering her?I don't own any picture phones though it would really help me if I ever went thru this again.My mom has seen them following us in her car but she's a bitch too,she didn't tell my husband that, she just kept quiet so now my husband thinks I'm a wacko.
    Anonymous

• Last year around the same time each year this stalking happens,so I can predict my stalking,if I'm sparatically sick how can I do that?These people were friends of a neighbor I had a fight with and to get me back they stalked me everywhere.The medication made me gain alot of weight and I got high blood pressure,so I vow never to take that Seroquel again.The other pills don't give me weight gain but I had to go off them because the stalking stopped and I wanted to save the dose I was on for when I really needed them,since I can't tollerate a higher dose.So should I keep going to my mental health appointments to keep me a place when I really need the pills or should I just go back when I need them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm kinda afraid,that the mental health clinic won't be able to give me medication when I need it if I'm a new patient.When I first asked for pills,I was sent to the mental ward,I think I went to a mental health clinic first but for some reason they sent me to a mental ward to get the pills.They said they'd give them me or I can go into the ward and go through their process.I had to go to the ward because I needed to go on a high dose and the tiny 25 mg. pill they were giving to me made me faint.I don't know how I managed to take in 9oo mg. of that stuff, it was truely amazing!I was able to face them without any fear and they commented it to me they said;Can you beleive there's a pill that can stand up to us?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• stay on the meds. You need them and that is Okay. We all have something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2009