Blue legs and feet!?

Today DD(3 months) and I went and saw my friend who had never seen her. She was holding DD and my mom, who was with us, said DD's legs looked blue. Then when my friend handed her back to me, her feet looked really blue. I've noticed the feet looking blue before, but never her legs. Her upper half didn't look like this, only her legs and feet. What could this be and should I be worried?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would do everything the pp's have suggested and you may also want to make sure that your baby isn't wearing anything too confining in the meantime. Check to make sure that the diaper isn't too tight around the legs and abdomen - run your finger inside and around to make sure they are loose enough to not cut off circulation, but secure enough to not let anything leak out. Don't put any clothing with waistbands on them until after you've seen the pediatrician.
    Don't freak out, though. It could be an immature circulatory system in her lower legs and she may need to keep her legs out in front of her instead of folded up as often as possible.
    All 3 of my children and granddaughter had blue hands, feet, and occasional purple splotches on the face or abdomen. They just outgrew it and I kept their extremeties warm and rubbed them with my hands.
    {Hugs}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• absolutely and call the doctor asap please because it could be a vein issue or a circulation problem
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would be extremely worried about poor blood circulation. Take her to the doctor!!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yup poor circulation is what it sounds like. I'd be making that call asap

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Quite often babies get blue hands or feet due to their circulation systems being so immature. BUT - take your baby to the Dr and get a professional opinion, the only way you can know if it's a problem or not is if someone sees your baby in person and checks her out.
    Avonlady42

Answer by Avonlady42 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2009