bottle to sippy cup time...

My daughter is 15 months (2 months preemie so adjusted age is 13 months. .. and yes before anyone says anything about it.. her therapist says to go by adjusted age until she is 2 years old). The problem is that she is starting to chew on the nipples of the bottles making the holes in the nipples really big and she chokes. Commen sense says needs to start being on a sippy cup but everytime I give her a sippy cup (she has 5 different kinds) she just wants to chew on it and doesn't get anything from it. She isn't teething and I don't know what to do.

USNmomwife

Asked by USNmomwife at 11:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh boy do I know what your talking about my 3 year old did that really really bad, I would buy him a new cup he would have it chewed up by the end of the day, and his Dr. said that they do that, so I would buy him sippys from walmart for a buck cuz they were hard and lasted longer then them spendy soft ones, but now I got him drinking out of the cup sometimes I will give him a straw
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my son didnt like the soft tip sippies he only took to the hard ones....he was 6 weeks early and he was took to it right after his birthday.....just be patient.....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My son was 9 weeks early and didn't take to a sippy until he was about 15-16 months actual age. We just offered him the sippy at each meal and one day he took to it.

We found the hard plastic ones best since they are hard to bite through :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I just took this "quiz" on gerber.com and it picked out a good sippy for transistion for my lil girl, my first one was easy he threw his bottle and we got him the ones with the straws...they were nice and if he chewed them it wouldnt break the opening and for my daughter she has the little one with the handles with the hard spout she chews on it and is starting to suck but not the correctly way...good luck!
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009