Which one do/did u use?

which breast pump do/did u use? and did it work well for u? and how much did it cost?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Medela pump in style. It was ok. I ended up renting the medela hospital grade and those worked a lot better.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i used a medela pump in style. i borrowed it from a family member. since it was free, i think it works great ;)
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If you don't want a mechanical pump, I used the Medela Harmony, which is a hand pump (I couldn't afford a Pump In Style). I really like it. The cup is really soft, especially compared to some of the mechanical ones out there, and you can pump at your own pace (which I realize mechanical ones adjust , but it's different). Everyone I've talked to loves Medela, and the Pump In Style seems to be the way to go if you can do it. You can get the pump part on eBay, and buy new attachments, since the milk never goes into the pump.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Back in 1993 I had a hand pump that had no name on it. It came from the hospital as part of a mom's breastfeeding kit to take home. I could not get that sucker to work! LOL. Buying an electric one was out of the question - we didn't have that kind of money.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• medela in style - works great! I'm borrowing it from a friend so I got yucky. You should check craigslist for a used one maybe? as long as you just go by all the attachments (which are cheap) you could totally borrow one or buy a used one if you can find it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i meant LUCKY (above) not yucky!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I rented the Medela Lactina pump (fantastic) for 5 months @ $35 per month, which is a great deal. The kit you have to purchse for it ($50) also works as a manual pump (not bad).
    sarahshoe2

Answer by sarahshoe2 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009