Anyone elses child do this???

My 8 y/o daughter has been wiping poop on things in the bathroom (the shower curtain, the sink) this isn't a frequent occurance but it is discusting none the less. I make her clean it up when she does it. She is special needs to the point of learning disabilites, speach problems, impulse problems and many others. But I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 1:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• here's the blog: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1494690/I_need_help_Poo_help
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 2:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Mine doesn't thank goodness but my neice had this problem when she was younger. When my sister would ask her about why she did it she told her "I just get bored waiting to finish" So I don't know maybe its sort of common?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• There was another mom here who has a boy who is about ready to start school who has autism and he does some of the same behavior. My son is PDD-NOS--he doesn't do this but through the autism class I took I met parents of children who did this who were special needs. I have also heard of NT (neurotypical) children doing this, so I'm not sure if it has to do with sensory issues or if it's just a normal 'thing' that they'll grow out of. I'm sorry I can't help you out much more than that--but sometimes it's atleast nice to know you're not the only one dealing with this!
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 2:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• the other mom I was talking about posted a blog which I read, and there were some really nice answers there... maybe you could try to find it? It was title 'i need help. poo problems' or something like that..
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 2:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Maybe she needs supervision while using the restroom. If she protests, remind her about why you are there and what behavior is unnaceptable. Tell her that until she stops this behavior, you will have to supervise her while she goes to the bathroom.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 2:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Thanks Llamatron
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2009