• In the Spotlight:

any tips

i think my daughter is ready to potty train she will be 2 in oct. and right now i bought her the chair and she will sit on it i figured i should let her sit on it whenever she wants even with the diaper on jus she gets use to the chair but she keeps taking the lil pot out...idk what it is but she jus hates the lil pot you put in the chair. and i can ask her if she went kaka or potty and she'll say ok but how do i actually get her use to goin potty in her chair. haha funny story i read if you take whats in the diaper and put it in the potty so she knows where it goes that helps...well not really now she thinks her diapers go in the potty lol like she thinks its a trash lol. but does it sound like she's ready what can i do to really get her goin to the potty? (oh and she even sits on her potty when i go to the bathroom..smart idea or jus a waste of time?)

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• smart idea
    but to get her started take her diper off take her to the potty and explaine to her is she needs to go thats were she needs to go, and usually they will pee her pants and poo but you just have to take her to the potty and explaine it to her. A lot of moms use reward system, sticker charts all that stuff but I don't belive in all that whe going to the bathroom is not a reward it's something you have to do but whatever works I guess.
    My boy he poo his pants a few times and after a few times I started to swat his butt and he started going on the potty.
    good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well i have a comment really...not an answer. My 1 year old has been watching us potty train our 2 year old and he took his diaper off and picked up the poop from his diaper and put it in the potty. I know...gross story. But I think he is gonna get it before our older one lol.
    luvinmyboys03

Answer by luvinmyboys03 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2009