why should gay marriage be outlawed?

i was just wondering why people say it's against the bible, when our constitution grants us freedom of religion and expression.

maybe someone can enlighten me to something that has never occured to me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe that in the Constitution there is a quote that says there should be a seperation between church and state. The church might not condone same sex marraige but our country should support it because we believe in freedom for all individuals. I think it is awful the way we treat our homosexual individuals in this country. They deserve rights too, just as African American and Women struggled for rights in the past also. So that is my belief on the subject.
    mommyred1221

Answer by mommyred1221 at 6:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• http://www.gotquestions.org/Sodom-and-Gomorrah.html

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It is my belief that God has principles and values better that the ones we have or decide. When God created the man He gave him a woman He did not give him another man to have sexual relationship with now we did change that we choose that God was wrong and if we want to sleep with anyone we do have the right to do so.
    God said we have freedom to choose but He also tells us to be wise and choose those things that are good and constructive for us if He thought that gay was good why He gave the man a woman to get together with why He did not give him a man and a woman and told him to choose because God knows that a man needs a woman and a woman needs a man that is the way He created us.
    Now we did not only choose have a guy life but now we want rights and we want people to recognize us because this is good. is it? according to whom? I am a christian I do not have words of condemnation for gay people but I do disagree with the sin
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Is like if i choose to lie or to cheat or to steal ant then I try to fight for the right to make a law on my favor.
    What is wrong is wrong no matter if it is having sex with a same sex person or if a lie those are choices we made we have that freedom God gave us that freedom but we should not take that freedom and make laws to guard or teach that our wrong choices are good because the truth is they are not.
    The same way that lying, stealing, wishing someone is dead, angry against someone, etctera .
    Those are all choices we made good and bad choices but my point is you can not give rights to your choices yours and mine are choices why impose those to everyone?
    As a christian I believe in Jesus and I proclaim Him so many can go heaven and have hope and feel unconditional love but I will not agree that what God called sin or not a good choice be proclaim as acceptable and good.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• what i don't understand is why christian values are being imposed on a country that is supposed to protect a person's right to believe what they wish. isn't this discrimination?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• What you and I do with our life is not to get the government to support our choices It should not God gave us freedom so we choose wisely but whatever your choice is do not make it a final rule.
    gay people want to call marriage to something that God did not why? did you ever ask why? why they need assurance for ? are not already living together and doing whatever they want with their lives? why are they fighting for? so everyone accepts them? so everyone recognize that a gay life is great? The truth is my friend is that our choices are not always the greater ones and God knows this that is because He tells us to be wise with our freedom.
    I do not want to call good to something I know is wrong yes is their choices but why then look for someone else support when their choice and one day we all going to face the consequences of our choices. Why then support something that it goes against God values and principles ?
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Congrats OP. The test run of your nutjob detector was a rousing success.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• this is not about christians against gays . We christian can not or we should not impose our beliefs you are right but what do you do then when your child is doing something wrong that you know it is going to hurt him and do not stop him . Would you just let him be and learn through the experience? Or your instinct as a mother is to protect him?
    In my case as a Christian I also have the same dilemma sometimes if I know what is right because God teach me so and I see you doing something I know it will not be good to you should I let you go and do it and do not care about it just say well you get what you get .
    We christians have a lot of errors we do believe me we are not God we are just people who trust God and we do fall many times but we stand up and grab Jesus so he can guides us through life and when we are doing this we start having compassion for all people, your heart star feeling what God feels for all of us .
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• and then you start to see what is right and what is wrong not because the tv said so or because everyone else is doing it or because it is popular It is really hard for me to explain is like God start taking control over your life and then you are complete not perfect not without sin not the most holy no you are just a forgiven person and then you want that what you are feeling for everybody and sometimes we do not know how to express that .
    and as a christian i would like ask for forgivnes for all those words of condemnation and judgment the truth is the only thing I have and i would like to give to everyone is the unconditional love that God has for everyone of us and if there is anything that God wants us to change it will start first in ourselves and then HIM and only Him will show you what is right and what is wrong .
    That is the reason i think we should let God make the changes never us
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It shouldn't be, period, end of story. No amount of scripture can disguise a bigot.
    Ayla-bellesmom

Answer by Ayla-bellesmom at 2:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2009