Where do you change your baby?

In a dirty public bathroom or if you can go to your car? I try to go to the car if I can. I just think of how many germs are on the changing table in the dirty restroom. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a pad that came with the diper bag I lay that down on the table and then I have some recieving blankets I put on top of the pad then I lay hime down, but if I can I go to my car
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I wipe the changing table with anti bacterial wipes that i carry with me everywhere and then i put the changing pad i have on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I carry antibacterial wipes, too, and I always wipe every possible surface of the public changing table, then put down my own changing pad. I do often change him in the car, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You can buy the small cans of Lysol that will fit in the diaper bag and then use the pad that generally comes with the diaper bag. That's what I use with my granddaughter. I prefer to change her in the bathroom because it hurts my back to do it in the car.
    Also, I keep the pad that I changed her on in a separate compartment in the diaper bag and when we get home I clean it by hand and then spray it with Lysol to be sure to kill any bacteria. I also spray the inside of the compartment it was stored in.
    I know I'm picky, but I don't want to chance carrying anything disgusting home and then getting it on her the next time we use it.
    Also, bring some hand sanitizer to use after you have changed your baby. They have the gel, foam, or spray you can use. I clean my hands that way because I can't hold my granddaughter and wash my hands at the same time.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My dd was so long the pad that came with the bag was to short, so I bought throw away ones, I use them in the bathroom after wiping the table down, then I just throw them away so I don't have to worry about germs in the bag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't usually have to as we're not gone that long usually, but we have had to change him at the airport and what I do is I wipe down the thing with antibacterial wipes. Then I put 2 disposable changing pads down, and then put the changing pad that came with the diaper bag and then a receiving blanket on that and change him that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2009