panic attacks! HELP!

no matter what i do i can not help but to keep having panic attacks! help me what can i do? im 5 months pregnant.

stars_silly

Asked by stars_silly at 3:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you feel like you about to have one talk yourself down and breath steady deep breaths. But you need to see your dr panic attacks suck.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have been treated for severe panic attacks. The most helpful thing for me (other than mediation) was progressive relaxation. I'm going to give you a link for the technique. It helps to calm you and refocus your energy while relaxing you at the same time. Tomorrow, call your doctor. It's very important you get panic attacks treated because often after prolonged panic attacks, you can get depressed which is something you don't want while you are pregnant for sure. Also, the panic attacks are not healthy for you or the baby because it raises your blood pressure and is very stressful. Please, talk to your doctor. There are things you can still do to help you get through this and learn why it is happening to you and how to control it. I am proof lol. I thought I was going crazy I was having so many attacks so frequently. Within a couple weeks of treatment, I had them under control. Good luck, PM me if you need to.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• AprilDJC

• I had gotten it once and thought I was having a heart attack. My friend used old photo albums and stories from the pictures to calm me down.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm certainly no expert, but maybe you could try to find out what it is that's causing your panic attacks. Is it being in a new place, worries about money, worries about the baby? And once you pinpoint it, you can begin to gently explore why that's causing you so much anxiety. Because really, medications might help, but you've got to get to the bottom and resolve it all. Try finding a reliable spiritual leader to give you support.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 8:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009