why does my skin gt itchy everytime i breastfeed?

not only my boobs get itchy but my whole body does,it just really annoying has this happen to anyone?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 3:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh mine do that ALL the time. I actually attributed breast growth (especially if I am a little engorged ect) to it. Stretching the skin out, ya know? It's like when you are pregnant and your tummy itched. Same thing, and my DS is 4 months old. Still happens if I get engorged. You can also have DRY skin or last thing I can think of is your baby can have THRUSH.
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 5:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Nope, I get the tingly feeling on the other boob that she's not feeding off of though..and then it goes away. Do you pump at all? Do you get itchy then?
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I personally have never delt with this in all my time breastfeeding but I would suggest calling a lactation consultant to see if they can help you.
    Anonymous