does any one else get creeped out and anxious being home alone with your kids at night

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope! When DH is gone the kids jump into bed with me and we have our barking burglar alarms ( chihuahuas) and our  attack cat and we sleep like babies!

brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 2:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• YES!!!!!! Have been for a year now! I hate it.... but he's deployed and I can't change it!!! I guess that is why I'm always up so late!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes I do dh works 3rd and I hate the night without him. I can't sleep and I can't stand weird noises oh and God forbid there be a thunderstorm. lol
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• How do you deal with it
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes! I turn the alarm on and the hallway light. And I sleep with the kids in my bed. I thought I was the only feeling the anxiety level increase without him around! And keep a bat next to my bed.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I did when my dh worked 3rd shift... any noise at all would have me tip-toeing around to see what it was. LOL
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i hate it and i haver to do it again soon my husband is going on nights again for a little
    i hate being home alone
    i wish we had a dog to make me feel better lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I am the same way, my husband works graveyard and years ago I was really bad. I am a little better now but if we get really high winds I am even more freaked out.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Not Really. I just lock the doors and let the dog sleep with me. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I used to creep me out a little when my oldest was a baby, but now it doesn't bother me at all. Dh used to work nights and then after that he got a job where he travelled a lot. I used to go around the house and make sure all the doors and windows were locked... I'd do that 5 or 6 times before I went to bed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2009