Does anyone sell on Ebay?

I thought about selling some of my sons outgrown clothes on Ebay. I normally donate them but there is about $500 worth of clothes here. I don't know how much to try to sell them for. Any ideas?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 4:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the brand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• They are a mix of Abercrombie, Hollister, and Areopostle. They are in EXCELLENT shape.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Than I would count all the shirts as a dollar and shorts and jeans as 3 dollars and add it all up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have before it wouldn't be a bad idea if you go to Ebay and check out an auction simular to what you have and check their pricing. I know to start low and if it doesn't get to a certain price you can put a reserve on it.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Wow. Some of these shirts I paid $40 a piece for. Honestly, if I only got a dollar a piece for them, I will donate them to the school. To much hassle in selling them for that price.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Looking at the lots anything simliar to what I have would sell for around $200. Thanks for the idea to look at the other lots :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I had a friend who sold on ebay a bunch. She would sell a lot (auction with many items) for $100-$150 but she mostly sold size 14 in girls (very popular size) but schools will be starting in like a month and some moms have more money than time. Something to think about.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• no, I like craigslist
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 4:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yeah, I do. I sell lots of Gymboree, Gap, Abercrombie and Hollister on Ebay and I buy a lot of it on ebay. What size do you have? I might be interested in what you have for my teen. Usually for shirts, you might get anywhere from $5-$15 depending on what it is. Jeans usually go for $10-$20...It just depends. I got all my abercrombie stuff on clearance so I usually get most of my money back out. I can get tees in the store for $10-$15 all day long. My limit on jeans for my girls is $30. Pm me, if you have size 0 or 2 or anything from the kids store.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I used to get a lot of my daughter's clothes on eBay. I've sold some of her stuff too (now that she has younger female cousins, we pass the clothes down to them). Yes, check similar listings and start your auction around what they started theirs at (even if it's low). If you take good pictures and have good descriptions, you should get a very decent final bid. I love watching my auctions near the end to see all the "swooping" (where someone waits until the last few minutes to bid in hopes of outbidding the current high bidder). I started selling on eBay when DD was a month old - I sold a collector's series Coke bottle for over $300 and I was hooked instantly! :)
    HTheriault

Answer by HTheriault at 8:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2009