sore throat, bad cough, cramping and 18 weeks pregnant

i went to the doctor yesterday with a little sore throat... well my little sore throat as now become a REALLY bad sore throat, i have a fever, i can't breath out of my nose, i have a really bad cough that makes me cramp, and my body aches and i don't know what to do....i'm having a hard time eating and drinking and i'm 18 weeks pregnant.

Mikayla.Anana

Asked by Mikayla.Anana at 5:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Gargol with Salt water every 3-4 hours. sounds like you have a throat infection. Next time it happens, once your throat starts hurting a little bit, use salt water and rinse. and if you are daring, dip some salt onto a stick and cover that back of your throat with salt. Go as far back as you can without throwing up. Have someone do it for you. It will kill all sorts of bacteria back there. Drink a lot of water to flush out your system too.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Take acetominophen (the active ingredient in tylenol) for your fever; call the doctor if it goes over 101.
    Make a syrup with honey (anti-baterial) and cayenne pepper (anti inflammatory) for your cough and sore throat.
    Drink lots of peppermint tea; peppermint is a natural decongestant; make sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Run hot water in a sink and bend over the sink with a towel over your head; the steam will really help.
    Feel better and stay well hydrated.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i think it sounds like a sinus infection all these other things to do are ridiculous just lay down and take it easy and take some Tylenol
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You think it could be the flu or swne flu?
    Anonymous

• i'm not sure what it is... my lab work came back Normal ...my throat is doing a little better but the cough, stuffy/runny nose, fever, and cramping are still here and not doing any better. i'm not getting bad headaches.... well the doctor won't give me anything and won't tell me what i can take b/c "Everything is Normal" ?!?!?
    Mikayla.Anana

Answer by Mikayla.Anana at 9:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009