does plan b make your period late??

Ok ..so I took the morning after pill on the 15th and bleed on the 18th. Im not sure if it was my period because it was only 2-3 days long. But now I am 4 days late for my period due July 5th. Should I be worried..or should I assume I got it on the 18th of june and prob wont get it until like july 18th..idk anyone have ne advicee pleaseeee ?

dml11508

Asked by dml11508 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would take a test
    my period was late on it the first time i took it back in high school
    the 2nd time i took it
    i turned out to be pregnant with my daughter
    she was planned yes but we were tring to give me time to heal from the miscarriage and had an opps
    i would go get a test just incasee
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• how long after you had sex did you take it ?
    the longer you wait makes it less likely to work also i think you have to take it at most 3 days after
    i do hope things turn out the way you want
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• you only have a 48 hour window to take it from the day u had un protected sex. after 48 hours theres a chance it didnt work. its a pill to make sure egg dosent get fertilized once egg is set to go pill is useless ( that is what i have heard from a friend/pharacist. ) they do tell u its not an abortion pill so it wont work to abort, only to stop the fertilization if taken in time..i also agree take a test just in case and go from there..good luck..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i took it exactly 3 days after..the box said you have 3 days to take it..I will take a test soon...thanks for all the answers girlss =]
    dml11508

Answer by dml11508 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes you ahve 3 days
    and what it is for it isnt to stop fertilization but to stop the fertalized egg from sticking
    you actually in every period can have fertilized eggs that just didnt stick
    i wish you luck !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2009